By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
HipHop Magz
  • New Releases
  • Hip Hop Songs
  • Mixtapes
  • Entertainment
Reading: Los Angeles D.A. Says There’s Substantial Evidence to Convict Tory Lanez Of Felony Assault In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Case
HipHop MagzHipHop Magz
Font ResizerAa
  • New Releases
  • Hip Hop Songs
  • Mixtapes
  • Entertainment
Search
  • New Releases
  • Hip Hop Songs
  • Mixtapes
  • Entertainment
Follow US
2024 © HipHopMagz.com - All Rights Reserved
New Releases

Los Angeles D.A. Says There’s Substantial Evidence to Convict Tory Lanez Of Felony Assault In Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Case

4 years ago 2 Min Read
Share

This week there has been a lot of misinformation spread about the Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion shooting case. DJ Akademiks caught heat earlier this week for sharing a false report that said that none of Tory’s DNA was found on the gun used to shoot Megan. Megan and reporters from the New York Post and Rolling Stone responded to Ak, saying that DNA hadn’t even been introduced during the hearing.

Megan Thee Stallion responds to DJ Akademiks’s tweet about the Tory Lanez case: pic.twitter.com/gKhRCfmflH

— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) February 23, 2022

To clear things up, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office sent a statement to HipHopDX regarding the case, saying that they believe there is strong evidence that supports the charges against Lanez.

“Although we are legally prohibited from commenting on the evidence and will continue to abide by that obligation, our office is under an ethical duty to only proceed on charges which we believe can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt and which have already been upheld by a judge after presentation of evidence at the preliminary hearing,” the statement read. “We believe the evidence substantially supports the charges and allegations and that evidence will be borne out in court.”

Earlier this week, Megan revealed text messages that Tory Lanez sent her following the shooting, apologizing for what he did. However, Lanez still maintains his innocence and says that he was apologizing for sleeping with Megan’s best friend, Kelsey.

Megan Thee Stallion shares text message evidence of Tory Lanez apologizing for shooting her in the foot:

“Lie yo way out of this … if you aint do shit what you was apologizing for?“ pic.twitter.com/9IdyWt64ps

— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) February 23, 2022

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article L.A. District Attorney’s Office Believes Charges Against Tory Lanez “Can Be Proven Beyond a Reasonable Doubt”
Next Article Today in Hip-Hop History: Boogie Down Productions Dropped Their ‘Sex And Violence’ Album 29 Years Ago

Most Popular

Young Thug & 21 Savage Speak On Rappers Dissing Gunna In Newly Surfaced Audio

By Shawn Leigh

Subscribe Now

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    You Might Also Like

    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Why We The Band Wants to Be This Generation’s Earth, Wind & Fire: ‘What We’re Making, I Haven’t Heard Anything Comparable’

    2 days ago
    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Playboi Carti Is Hitting the Road Again This Year for His Own Antagonist Tour: Here Are the Dates

    5 days ago
    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Drake Teases Second Podcast Interview With Bobbi Althoff: ‘I’m Trying to Get You Brand Deals’

    1 week ago
    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Ice Spice Previews Unreleased Song Sampling M.I.A.’s ‘Bad Girls’

    1 week ago
    • New Releases
    • Hip Hop Songs
    • Mixtapes
    • Entertainment
    2025 © HipHopMagz.com - All Rights Reserved
    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?