By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
HipHop Magz
  • New Releases
  • Hip Hop Songs
  • Mixtapes
  • Entertainment
Reading: Offset Sues Quality Control, Says Label Does Not Own His Solo Music
HipHop MagzHipHop Magz
Font ResizerAa
  • New Releases
  • Hip Hop Songs
  • Mixtapes
  • Entertainment
Search
  • New Releases
  • Hip Hop Songs
  • Mixtapes
  • Entertainment
Follow US
2024 © HipHopMagz.com - All Rights Reserved
New Releases

Offset Sues Quality Control, Says Label Does Not Own His Solo Music

3 years ago 3 Min Read
Share

Offset has reportedly sued his label, Quality Control over music he has released as a solo artist. According to Offset, QC does not own his solo music.

Per TMZ, Offset is accusing QC of of not honoring a deal the two parties made in January 2021 about his solo music. Offset is saying that he “paid handsomely” to retain the rights to his solo music, but QC is apparently trying to claim his latest release “5 4 3 2 1” as their own.

Migos have released each of their projects under QC but Offset released his 2019 project, Father Of Four, under QC’s parent company, Motown Records. While the Baby Keem produced record is credited to Universal Music, the parent company of Motown Records, Offset is claiming that QC is trying to take ownership of the track in a hostile manner. This comes ahead of Offset gearing up to release his latest record with Moneybagg Yo this Friday.

Once news of the lawsuit went public earlier today, QC CEO Pierre “P” Thomas addressed Offset’s claims on Twitter.

“The last lawsuit was filed publicly and dismissed quietly,” he wrote. “Let’s see how this one go. Been to real for all this lame shit. Everyone know the real problem.” 

The last lawsuit was filed publicly and dismissed quietly. Let’s see how this one go. Been to real for all this lame shit. Everyone know the real problem.

— P (@qcm_p) August 24, 2022

Offset caught wind of the tweet and responded to it.

“Niggas act like im the problem I paid millions to get my rights back Nigga you black balled me I ain’t said Shìt one time homie I ain’t spoke to you in 2 years now I drop and you want ya name on my credit?” he tweeted in response.

Niggas act like im the problem I paid millions to get my rights back Nigga you black balled me I ain’t said Shìt one time homie I ain’t spoke to you in 2 years now I drop and you want ya name on my credit? https://t.co/UGRDykvX5C

— OFFSET (@OffsetYRN) August 24, 2022

People have been questioning the fate of the Migos since earlier this year when Quavo and Takeoff teamed up to form the group “Unc & Phew” and dropping the Murda Beatz produced track Hotel Lobby. After that, the Migos dropped out of their Governors Ball performance, further fueling the rumors that the group was headed for a split.

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Capitol Records Drops A.I. Robot Rapper FN Meka After Public Criticism
Next Article Benny The Butcher Takes Shots At Freddie Gibbs Over Stolen Chain, Calls Him “MC Dinosaur Bar-B-Que”

Most Popular

Young Thug & 21 Savage Speak On Rappers Dissing Gunna In Newly Surfaced Audio

By Shawn Leigh

Subscribe Now

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    You Might Also Like

    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Why We The Band Wants to Be This Generation’s Earth, Wind & Fire: ‘What We’re Making, I Haven’t Heard Anything Comparable’

    3 days ago
    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Playboi Carti Is Hitting the Road Again This Year for His Own Antagonist Tour: Here Are the Dates

    6 days ago
    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Drake Teases Second Podcast Interview With Bobbi Althoff: ‘I’m Trying to Get You Brand Deals’

    1 week ago
    Hip Hop SongsNew Releases

    Ice Spice Previews Unreleased Song Sampling M.I.A.’s ‘Bad Girls’

    1 week ago
    • New Releases
    • Hip Hop Songs
    • Mixtapes
    • Entertainment
    2025 © HipHopMagz.com - All Rights Reserved
    Welcome Back!

    Sign in to your account

    Lost your password?