3 Suspects Arrested After Man Shot Near Young Dolph’s Memphis Memorial


Memphis, TN – A man was reportedly shot near Young Dolph’s makeshift memorial on Thursday (November 18) and now, three suspects have been taken into custody.

According to ABC24 Memphis, 23-year-old Terrance Jones, 19-year-old Jailon Nelvis, and 22-year-old Tavis McQueen have been charged with aggravated assault, evading arrest, reckless endangerment and theft, among other charges.

The incident took place outside of Makeda’s Homemade Butter Cookies as fans gathered to mourn Dolph’s death. The victim was attending the vigil when a shot was fired from a gray Nissan Versa going northbound on Airways Blvd. The shot arrived moments after Memphis Police released photos of the suspects in Wednesday’s (November 17) fatal shooting. 

Cameras were rolling outside of the vigil when shots rang out. The victim shot was taken to the hospital in non-critical condition.

Officers at the vigil saw the Nissan Versa speed off and started their pursuit. The three men ultimately crashed the vehicle and they all jumped out, tossing guns from the car as they attempted to flee. They were quickly apprehended after a brief foot chase.

The affidavit said officers found four guns thrown from the vehicle. They also discovered two guns inside the Versa, which was also stolen. Three of the guns had been modified to allow them to be fired as fully automatic weapons.

Young Dolph was buying cookies for his mother when a car pulled up and opened fire, killing him.

Dolph’s attorney, Scott Hall, told TMZ Dolph was visiting his hometown for his annual Thanksgiving giveaway and was on his way to pass out a truckload of turkeys in his old neighborhood when he stopped at Makeda’s.

Dolph had another Thanksgiving charity event scheduled at St. James Missionary Baptist Church in Memphis on Friday afternoon (November 19).

Pastor Rodney Herron told FOX13 Memphis, “He had a turkey giveaway, a basket giveaway. He was giving out 200 turkeys from 3 to 5 p.m. He has a big heart. Even when he came right before Easter this year, he stayed with us the whole day. He took pictures with the kids and ate candy with the kids. This Friday was a big event for us, and a big event for the people in the community as well.”