Los Angeles, CA – The preliminary hearing for the Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion case was held in Los Angeles on Tuesday (December 14) after a year of COVID-related delays, and Tory Lanez has a bone to pick with the way the media reported it.
The hearing featured testimony from Los Angeles Police Department detective Ryan Stonger, who was on scene interviewing Megan Thee Stallion following the shooting. Stonger testified an “intoxicated” Tory Lanez allegedly shouted, “Dance bitch!” before firing his weapon and hitting Meg in both feet.
The hearing was reported live by a reporter at Rolling Stone, but now Lanez has taken to Twitter and claimed the media got it wrong.
“NAH … i need someone to REPORT what was REALLY said in court today,” the Canadian rapper tweeted. “45 minutes of my lawyer stating contradictory evidence that proves my innocence should never come back as one false story forced to the media.”
The hearing was reported via Twitter by Rolling Stone reporter Nancy Dillon, who also tweeted the first witness in the hearing was LAPD officer Sandra Cabral, the first to respond to the “shots fired” call.
Cabral testified that Megan Thee Stallion was panicking and “frantic” when she arrived. She also noted the firearm discovered under Lanez’s passenger seat “was warm to the touch,” implying the weapon “had been used.”
“Let’s really do the math,” he said. “Some of the smallest bones in our muthafuckin’ body is in our foot. N-gga, if you take a bullet to that foot and it break them bones, you are not walking backwards with your hands in the air. It is not happening. It’s not gonna fucking happen.”